- Author: Joao Brandao Rodriguez et.al.
- Language: English
- Country: Portugal
- In October 2016 the Portuguese Association for Animal Traction APTRAN together with the European working horse network FECTU organized a symposium on THE XXI CENTURY MOUNTAINS:SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT OF MOUNTAINOUS AREAS BASED ON ANIMAL TRACTION in Bragança (Portugal) during the Ist INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN MOUNTAIN REGIONS. The following abstracts of the symposium underline the relevance of working animals worldwide and the important role they continue to play today. After an overview of the renaissance of working horses in Europe in the last decades different aspects of the possible use and further development of animal traction are presented, based on experiences in Portugal, Switzerland and Italy and dealing with societal, economical, environmental and agrotechnical issues.
Last modified onSunday, 27 November 2016 18:22
Latest from FECTU
- The XXI century mountains:sustainable management of mountainous areas based on animal traction
- Innovated retro: Cover cropping and horse traction to combat soil compaction and improve soil fertility
- Animal traction - potential and constraints
- Electric assist horse-drawn vehicles in Switzerland
back to top